A big step for eGreenhouse today - we're connected to the internet!  PushingBox code is integrated into the HyperRail hub code that pushes sensor data directly to Google Sheets. I set up my own account, so I can log up to 1000 data points per day (roughly every minute and a half).

Other new developments:

By digging into the documentation and doing some testing, we've determined that the whole system can run well on 5V. This means we can use a 3.7V battery pack with a Powerboost 1000C breakout board to boost up to 5V. This setup should be nice and efficient. 

Also, the UART data lines (RX/TX) on the CO2 and particle sensors both run on 3.3V logic, so there's no need for a logic level converter.

I've crafted the new streamlined version with everything included into a custom PCB that's ready to send off for manufacture when can verify the Powerboost works as anticipated. 

I built a 3-meter HyperRail in the OPEnS Lab, so I'm ready to scale up to the full version at the experimental location when parts arrive. 

Next steps:

  • Run a 3-4 day experiment on campus to work out any kinks in the system before full deployment
  • Calibrate the K30 using an Irgason on campus
  • Design an attachment system for the sensor package on the rail 

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 2.54.28 PM.png